- If a Page A has a Redirect to another Page B on your website then google will list urls in the page with the redirect error excluded section in Google Search console.
- To fix a page with a redirect error then you need to avoid keeping redirects to another page.
- What is Page with Redirect Error in Search Console
- Fix Page With Redirect Error in Google Search Console
- How to Check Page with Redirect Error in Search Console
- Does Page with Redirect Error Affect Website Ranking in Google Search
- Page with redirect status excluded
- How to Check Page with Redirect Error Page has a Redirect or Not
- Page With Redirect Error Not Indexed in Google
- How long Google Will Crawl Page with Redirect URL
- Page with Redirect But Google Still Crawling the Old URL?
In search console if you are getting to see errors in excluded section and pages not indexed in google search with an error message “Page with redirect” then this is not an error and you can get rid of this error easily and know more about page with redirect error in google search console and many webmasters wonder how do I fix excluded pages in Google console and they don’t know exact reason why google is listing urls as page with redirect. So, let’s see in detail.
You will receive a page with redirect error message in search console then the page has a redirect and page with redirect on wordpress website or it can be shopify website, squarespace, joomla, drupal or any other website then this error message will be listed if a page has a redirect to another page.
What is Page with Redirect Error in Search Console
Page with redirect error is not an error – its a Message that search console is notifying you that Page A has redirect to Page B and the Page is having a redirect and page A will be listed in page with redirect error in search console.
Fix Page With Redirect Error in Google Search Console
If you are looking to fix page with redirect error in search console and want to fix all urls listed in page with redirect in search console, then you can fix them and as the page has a redirect to another page on your website and the redirect page (301) will not index and only the final redirected version page will only index.
If you are having page with redirect for long time then google will crawl the url at some point and then drop the redirect version from the list of urls listed under page with redirect error message and stop crawling the which is having redirect as well. This can take a little bit of time as google bot should know that the page is no longer needed to be crawl.
How to Check Page with Redirect Error in Search Console
- Login to Search Console Account with your login credentials.
- Under Index Section -> Click on Pages page.
- On the right side click on Non Indexed Pages to see a list of Page with Redirect error.
- Scroll down and you can see all list of url having page with redirect error message in Google Search Console.
That’s it, this is how you check page with redirect error in google search console and fix page with redirect error and avoid getting page with redirect error in search console.
Does Page with Redirect Error Affect Website Ranking in Google Search
No! You don’t need to worry regarding page with redirect error message as this doesn’t affect any indexing process in google search not it can affect your website ranking negatively. Search console is just notifying you and letting you know that the pages has a redirect.
Page with redirect status excluded
Page with redirect status will be executed as the page having a redirect version will not be indexed and final redirected url of the page will only index.
How to Check Page with Redirect Error Page has a Redirect or Not
- Open Google Search console -> Click on Top Search bar
- Copy and paste the link which is having page with redirect error and hit enter.
- If you are getting to see the page has redirect or the page is redirect to some other page then you will get to know the page with redirect is having error message or not.
Page With Redirect Error Not Indexed in Google
Pages which are having page with redirect message will not index in google search as the page is having a redirect to other page then the other page will be indexed.
How long Google Will Crawl Page with Redirect URL
There is no particular time frame regarding google crawling the page with redirect urls as it can take long time as the crawling process will include that if page with redirect url is given by other website as source and google can crawl the url from other resources or it available to crawl out side of your website then will crawl the page.
Page with Redirect But Google Still Crawling the Old URL?
You need to make sure that if Page A is having temporary redirect (302 or 307) then google will crawl the page as well as the redirect added to the page from A to Page B is temporary and you need to have 301 redirect which is permanent redirect then google will eventually drop it at some point and there is no time frame.
If your page is having a redirect to another page you will get to see page fetch failed redirect error in google search console.
If page is having redirect to another page then you will page will not index.