- Comments are very important in writing a program.
- Python interpreter ignores comment.
- In python , commenting is indicated by ‘#’ ,It is extended till the end of the physical line.
- Though’ #’ indicates a comment , but when it is written along with string is not considered as a comment.
- Python supports two types of comments.
- Single line comments
- Multi line comments
Single line comments
- In this type of comment, hash(#) character is followed by the information that explains the further text.
- In case user wants to specify a single line comment, then comment must start with (#)
- In case if user has the comments that extend to multiple lines , One way of doing this is to use ‘#’ in the beginning of each line.
- Multi-lined comments should be given in triple quotes.